https://i0.wp.com/2homecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CrockPot_WhiteOnBlack_single2.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 ILoveEggs https://2homecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2cooks_frontpage.png ILoveEggs2017-01-15 15:36:582017-01-15 15:37:48Crock-Pot :: FUN FACTS!
2 Home Cooks has recently added ‘Today’s Crock-Pot’ to the menu – because what’s better during a New England winter than hot comfort food that almost cooks itself?
- It was invented in the 50’s by Irving Naxon, owner of the Naxon Utilities Corporation of Chicago and was called ‘The Naxon Beanery All-Purpose Cooker,’ sometimes advertised as ‘The Electric Bean Pot.’
- Another company in the 50’s called the Industrial Radiant Heat Corp. out of NJ advertised a similar product called the ‘Simmer Crock.’
- The Rival Company bought Naxon in 1970 and reintroduced the product as the Crock-Pot in 1971.
- Sunbeam Products now owns the brand name ‘Crock-Pot.’
- The first Crock-Pot cost $25
- Crock-Pots became popular when more women were entering the workforce, since it allowed them to a more convenient way to make dinner for their families.
- The popularity caught on – later in the 70’s there were more than 40 companies making their own versions of it!
What might you find in Today’s Crock-Pot, you ask? Some of our guests’ favorites thus far have been BBQ chicken, beef stew, pulled pork and baked beans. Like us on Facebook to find out what’s next!